Sunday, October 14, 2012

Family Day!

Soooooo... Arrived at the Civil Affairs office only to find out they would be 15 minutes late because they got a flat tire on the way.  She was coming from 2 1/2 hours north of where we are now. We got most of the paperwork done while we waited.  Suddenly we heard a ruckus and there she was grinning and laughing.  I had asked them not to hand her to me right away because I wanted her to adjust just a bit.  I handed her a sippy cup and a containers of puffs which she crammed into her mouth, then she tried to crawl up in my lap ... I scooped her up and their she stayed for the longest time, eating, drinking and laughing with me.  While the guide asked all my questions of the people who had been taking care of her.


We stopped at a grocery store on the way back to the hotel because I knew I would be needing a lot more food. Back in the hotel room I realized she had a messy diaper.  We have been told not to try and take their clothing off the first day or two if they seemed reluctant, but I couldn't leave her in a poppy diaper all night long.... sadly, that broke her trust of E and wouldn't let me near her for over an hour .. It didn't help any that a half an hour of that time we were locked in the bathroom.  I called the front desk but they don't understand English.  They sent someone up who knocked on the door of the room but when I didn't answer it they went away.  I called again and finally they came and let us out. lol.  but bit by bit she has made her way back to me and even gone well past our first mark...she just put on my sandals and walked around the room in them.  There are two items she is completely attached to.  One is the photo album I sent to her 6 months ago and the other is a doll my mother sent with me here.  She is completely in love with that doll Mom!
Peggy was online so we skyped for a bit and the monkey side of her really came out.  Since then she has picked up the phone twice (which calls the front desk) and best of all came over to me and gave me a huge hug!  Hoping to get her to sleep ...her caregiver said she sleeps solid from 8PM-6AM but I am thinking she might have been fibbing!

Will let you all know how tomorrow goes...at 10 AM our time her adoption becomes final =)



4 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!! I'm so happy for you. What a beautiful girl and such a happy Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just crying tears of JOY for you!!! The road was long and hard and I know it seemed this day would never come. Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord, she is in your arms forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo!! She is gorgeous! She climbed into your lap!! Wow! That is so cool! Happy Family Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brought tears to my eyes. Congrats and enjoy the rest of this amazing journey.

    ReplyDelete