Sunday, October 21, 2012

Playing in Guangzhou!

Seems she sees how to do something and that's all it takes.  Jen was the same way!
My parents let me take risks as a child and I turned out ok, so when we got to the playground on the island I just stepped back and let Elizabeth enjoy.  She  her new best friend and roommate to show her how to "do" the playground.  Up the ladder Cora went-Elizabeth followed.  Cora waited at the bottom to "catch her", Elizabeth slid down, turned and tried to catch the next one down.  As I watched her climb and run laughing and squealing total complete joy, tears literally sprang into my eyes at the huge change that had taken place in her little life in less than 8 days!!!  From the rice terraces in one of the most remote areas of China to throwing her head back and laughing as she runs and plays in such a completely carefree way!!!  I am truly blessed!!!





1 comment:

  1. I just love the photo of her looking at Cora and then copying her. How lovely would it be if she and Cora lived close enough to continue having a close relationship!

    It IS amazing what time, attention and love will do for a child. The difference in 8 days is noticeable, but wait til she's been with you for 8 weeks or 8 months, it's incredible!

    ReplyDelete