Monday, October 22, 2012

U.S. Consulate!

 The trip to the consulate today was very emotional.  But it went wonderfully!!!  We stood with the other adopting parents, raised our right hands and swore the oath.  I teared at the enormity of it all.  I kept glancing from our US flag to SiHan...now her flag too.  It was pretty emotional.  Within 5 minutes of taking the oath I was suddenly in front of "the window" and it was my turn to see if my paperwork would pass muster or would I have something wrong with it.  This was the one step that terrified me - but now here I am on the other side of it ... prayers do get answered!!!  I have been calling her SiHan since I met her, but today when we got home from the consulate she truly became Elizabeth in my heart.  She will always have the SiHan, but now she is Elizabeth SiHan!  I will always be grateful to the woman who gave birth to her for loving her enough to let her go.  It must have been a tremendously pain decision.  And so now, Elizabeth, Jennifer and I are family and I am THE most blessed mom in the world!  We are off to the island for a day of celebration!!




At the US consulate for the oath and visa!!!!  Almost done!!!
She was sooooo sleepy...I had to wake her up because she fell asleep on the way over.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations family of three!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so understand your emotions Linda. I was so nervous at this point and couldn't get my stomach out of my throat. We kept Xiao Wa or Wa Wa as Reagan was called at the orphanage. Wa Wa means little baby :) Happiness for you both beyond infinity!

    ReplyDelete